Old August 23rd 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Haluza

Default Class A airspace

Does anyone have links to posted copies of LOA's for wave windows, or
electronic copies they can forward to me via email? I have been looking
into get a wave window set up in PA, but Cleveland Center is not
familiar with the existing wavers set up with other centers. So this
would help me move the process forward.

T o d d P a t t i s t wrote:
Eric Greenwell wrote:
A wave window is different

It is still Class A, but the pilot(s) have been given waivers from the
Class A requirements. A minor point, but important because only pilots
with waivers are allowed into the airspace, not just anybody, even if
the wave window is in operation.

A related point is that the waiver is granted through a
Letter of Agreement between the ATC and some other party
(club, commercial operation, etc.). Typically, the LOA
requires that anyone operating under the waiver granted in
that document read the LOA and understand/comply with the
requirements set forth therein. Sometimes this step is
glossed over.

--
T o d d P a t t i s t - "WH" Ventus C
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)