Old August 28th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dale

Default "We're with the FAA"

In article .com,
"houstondan" wrote:

ok, all that said, given the great caption this thread has; who has
had a ramp check and what was it like????????????

I was ramped at Columbia, SC (Ownes field?) while flying the B-24. The
inspector thought she had caught me doing a no-no hauling passengers
in an experimental a/c outside our letter authorizing us to operate,
however I had made a stop to pickup pax at a point we were authorized
from...yeah I know, confused me also. G It was a short conversation
and of no consequence, even when I found that some paperwork was out of
date. (another crew person had swapped an out of date WB for the current
one...embarrasing but I was able to fix the problem on the spot so no
foul)

Although I kind of felt like I was being hunted (the inpectors were
waiting for us to arrive..it was about 1730 on a Friday evening...we
were the last aircraft to arrive) it wasn't a big deal overall.