Old August 31st 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Al[_1_]

Default IPC G1000

"Sam Spade" wrote in message
Al wrote:

"Sam Spade" wrote in message

Denny wrote:

And what happens in the real world in IMC when you have a complete
electrical loss for a few seconds that abruptly shuts down the G1000?

My point is harming the very expensive avionics by pulling a circuit
breaker.

I don't think you can "harm" the avionics by removing power, by CB or
otherwise.

I did not intend to suggest that a sudden loss of electrical power would
suddenly render the components forever dead.

It is a whole lot of money to be playing games with.

True, but your safety may depend on your knowledge of just how those
expensive avionics will respond. For instance, in case of smoke it is my
intention to secure all electrical power. I should know what happens when
I do this, and then restore power.

Al G

Pulling circuit breakers when there is smoke is prudent. Pulling them for
training is not.

So, when you pull it "prudently", it is your first time? And, you'll wait
until you have a real emergency to find out what else you'll have to deal
with?
I thought that we trained so that in an emergency it won't be your first
time.

Al G