Old September 2nd 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Wizard of Draws[_1_]

Default No more "Left Downwind"?

On 9/1/06 10:46 PM, in article
, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

I think pilots are the most freakin' anal SOBs on the planet.

And your point is?

They very often lose sight of the forest for the trees.
Is a _single word_ truly worth the bandwidth and time that will be used to
debate whether it's proper to use it?

The FAA obviously thinks it's worth time and effort, but they have the
excuse that they are a bureaucracy, and are abysmally anal by definition.

True enough, Jeff -- but the FAA controls everything we do, for better
or worse. Debating this point wasn't MY idea -- it was theirs...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

FWIW Jay, my response wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular. I
knew, as well as you did, that a nit like this is too tempting for _any_
pilot to remain silent. It's just that the juice ain't worth the squeeze.

I'll change my mind when I hear anyone getting busted by the FAA for making
a call like this.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic