Old December 2nd 04, 02:45 AM
John R. Copeland

"Roy Smith" wrote in message =
"Stan Prevost" wrote:
Roy, just curious, does the CNX-80 use the facility magnetic =

variation when=20
setting up a VOR radial in OBS mode?

=20
According to the CNX-80 manual, facility variation is used in OBS mode =

when the waypoint is a VOR, but not in Course-To or Course-From mode=20
(and not in OBS mode when the waypoint is not a VOR).
=20
All things considered, I think that makes a lot of sense.
=20
I believe the Apollo GX-60 does not.

=20
I just looked at the GX-60 manual, in the section on OBS mode. It=20
doesn't say one way or the other, which I assume means it does not =

take=20
variation into account.

Roy:
I've never yet used the CNX 80 "Course To" or "Course From" in flight,
but the GNS 480 Windows Simulator appears to me that it uses
VOR station declination for those modes, as well as all other modes
whenever VORs are involved as waypoints.
---JRC---