Old September 13th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

Default NATCA Going Down in Flames

"bdl" wrote in message
oups.com...

So perhaps in a on-demand facility (where a terrorist incident might
require ATC to perform a lot of functions at a moments notice) is the
wrong place to be taking a nap where you might not be at peak
proficiency if your in the wrong phase of sleep.

You're describing controllers working a position. We're not talking about
them. We're talking about controllers napping while on a break so that they
may be alert when they return to work a position.