Old September 14th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michelle P

Default C-182 pattern help

SilkB wrote:
I am just starting to fly a C-182T and I was wondering if anyone has
any tips for the settings in the pattern/approach.
I have done most of my hours on C172, but when transitioning to C182 I
noticed that it's hard to get this plane down in the pattern. I enter
the pattern at 17"MP (to slow down) and abeam the numbers I lower it
to 15"MP while putting in 1 notch of flaps and trimming for 90-95KTS.
On base I put in another notch of flaps and trim for 85KTS and the
final notch of flaps on final while keeping 70-75KTS.
My problem is that with these settings the plane is not really
descending until the base to final turn where I need to cut down the
power completely. I would have liked to keep about 15"MP in all the
way to the round-out to make the landing nice and soft.
Any tips?

Thanks.

Flaps?
Michelle P