Old September 20th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
tscottme

Default Piper hijacked in Mexico. Reason? Nuke Smuggling

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...

tscottme wrote:
Mexico is almost as corrupt as Pakistan. What are the chances terrorists
operating in Mexico would even come to the attention of Mexican
authorities?
If they did become known to Mexican police, for example, pretty darn
likely
the terrorists could make a charitable donation to the policeman's
retirement fund and come north to kill gringos as if nothing happened.

There are reasons why Muslim terrorists would likely come over the
northern
border but coming over the Mexican border seems as difficult as falling
out
of bed.

First, coming to Mexico is not anywhere as easy as coming to the U.S.
(with the exception of U.S. citizens). Mexico has VERY strict
immigration laws and getting residency is a difficult process.
Second, although there is some corruption in the area of traffic fines
and even some corporate legal issues, they don't screw around with
non/Mexicans. They consider it offensive for someone to come to their
country and cause problems. I hope the terrorist like easting fish
heads in a Mexican prison vs. getting Filet O'Fish in Gitmo.
Mexicans have a lot of national and ethnic pride and aren't too excited
about people coming into their country to cause problems.
Third, Mexicans are catholic no if-ands-or-buts about it. Muslims
living in Mexico would stand out like a soar thumb.

-Robert, frequent flying visitor to the beautiful country of Mexico

Just google "OTM" or other than Mexican. There is plenty of evidence of
non-Mexicans already operating in Mexico and crossing the border with the
US. Yes Mexico seems to take their southern border more seriously than the
US takes its border, but even their southern border is not airtight.
Relatively poor people from a wide range of Central and South American
countries do penetrate the Mexican border. Just because the Mexican
government doesn't hand out welfare and accomodate illegal aliens as easily
as the US does doesn't speak to the difficilty of entering Mexico.

It's laughable to put faith in Mexico's system of legal immigration as
reason to doubt terrorists will immigrate to Mexico in preparation for a
move into the US. People that are planning to kill a million Americans, if
they can, aren't above ignoring Mexican immigration law. It's also darn
difficult to obtain legal US permission to permanently live in the US as a
new citizen or perament resident, that's why multitudes ignore the legal
method and favor the illegal method.

Tell me how do the Central and Southern Americans we capture within eyesight
of the Mexico/US border cross that border, do they use Star Trek
teleportation or do they transit Mexico. Each OTM captured near the
southern border of the US is airtight proof of my point and against your
argument.

Still, I believe the bigger threat is from the border with Canada. There is
a much, much larger immigrant population. and Canadians visitors aren't
suspected like Mexico visitors.

--

Scott

Muslims Prove Papal Infallibility -- Alan W. Dowd

http://tinyurl.com/hd6ns