Old December 22nd 04, 04:41 AM
zatatime

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:20:41 GMT, gregg wrote:

Book is fine, z thanks.

Right now my VFR XC flying is 60-40 pilotage-radio. I'm good at radial
intercepts, using the VOR to figure drift, get to my destination. Quie
comfy with most VOR work but I'm not happy, at this time, unless I know
where I am by landmark/sectional. And that's how I get from A to B -
pilotage.

In thinking this over, it occured to me that I could probably improve a lot
on DR. Also, using DME - the 152's I got my PPL in weren't equiped with
those. I've done some sim time with them but I could use more.

thanks for the good ideas.

Gregg

Your welcome. I'm glad you see the real world value in it. At 60-40
I'd say you're like many pilot's out there. I'm a purist and would
say to shoot for 100% w/o radios, but the realist in me says if you
can get to 90-10, you'll be in good shape.

In reading your other responses it also sounds like you've got a good
plan as to how to build your time. The trips you have planned will
give you flights over varied terrain which you should learn alot from.

Good Luck!