Old October 6th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Everett M. Greene[_2_]

Default How can we "fix" LEX to prevent wrong runway selection everywhere?

Stefan Lörchner writes:
I find myself wondering what the cost of a low-power ground radar

I don't see anything being necessary.
Accidents will happen in the future and they will always happen if
humans are involved. There is nothing that assures perfect safety.

Maybe a moving map display might prevent an accident like this. However,
there will be another accident that is caused (also) by a malfunctioning
moving map because it was not aligned correctly or an old version or a
bad scan...

Living is always life endangering.

Many people seem to forget that fact.

As long as far more people die because of cars and guns
we better should take care of that!

Aviation accidents make the news because they're so rare.
Automobile accidents and fatalities are so common that
they aren't always noted except maybe as a "BTW". It
would get very boring if the newspapers and other news
media started every issue with "100 people killed in
auto accidents today in the U.S." A good aircraft crash
with fatalities on the other hand...