Old October 31st 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Eric Bartsch

Default Diamond DA-40

I may be renting a DA-40 and I'm interested to find out how much time a
typical safe checkout takes on this plane. The plane has conventional
gages (no G-1000).

I've got quite a bit of high-perf and complex time in faster aircraft,
but I've never flown any of the Diamond planes. Can someone who has
flown the DA-40 and other types compare it's flying characteristics to
something common like a C-172, 182, 172RG, 206, PA-28, etc... I've
looked on various FBO web sites and it looks like typical checkout
requirements in a DA-40 are much less strict than for an SR-20.

Thanks,
Eric Bartsch
1959 Pilatus P-3 A-848
http://www.hometown.aol.com/bartscher/P3A848.html