Old November 14th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

Default Happy Birthday Marines

wrote in message
oups.com...

"We surrounded. That simplifies things." -Chesty Puller

I thought that was the classic bad news, good news joke. "Bad news
men, we are surrounded. Good news men, you can shoot any direction
you want!"

Wikipedia has some great Puller quotes, mostly I think from Guadalcanal.

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of
us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time."

-c
"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the real Marines." -Puller