Old November 24th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Default The Good, the Bad, the Ugly: AirGizmo PIREP, PS Engineering CD/Intercomwoes, XM "service"

wrote:

�The Garmin is stereo
and boy does that sound good compared to an analog unit, much better
than I thought it would.

The GARMIN GMA340 is an analog audio panel, only is the switching means
done by digital electronics. In another words, the audio is not
digitized.

I wrote that wrong. I meant to say the PM was a mono unit. What is the
benefit to a digital unit versus an analog unit?

�The Garmin has pilot and crew isolate but I never use it. �The PM
intercom

muted the music when a radio call or somebody talked on the intercom. �I
had the avionics shop wire the Garmin so it was in karaoke mode.

Sorry, the GMA340 does not have our Karoake mode, the switch that your
avionics installed only prevents the intercom from muting the music,
the radio
will continue to mute the music, no way of preventing that from
happening.

Well yes. That is exactly what I wanted it to do.

I could install a second music in jack
for the rear seat passengers only but have no need for that.

Again, I hope you don't mind me pointing out these little details, but
that
is what we do, we get the details right.

What detail? In order for the people in the back to listen to their own
music and being that they are teenagers there's no way I want to listen
to that crap, a second music in jack would be required.