Old December 5th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
scott moore

Default FAR for owner oil change

Ah, read between the lines. I see.

Thank you for all the good answers in this thread.

Scott Moore

BT wrote:
43.3(g) states that any rating other than a sport pilot rating may perform
preventive maintenance.
Preventive Maint items are spelled out in Apdx A, (c), items (6), (23) and
(26).
Dont' forget to make teh log book entry, sign it with your name and
certificate number.

BT

"scott moore" wrote in message
Hi,

I recently lost my mechanic to an unfortunate air crash.

I have performed virtually all of the oil changes on my
aircraft for the last 7 years, under his supervision. Now
I am interested in taking over this task.

This group has several posts to the effect that it is
FAR legal to perform this by owner. However, I don't find
this under the "32 points" in part 43 appendix A.

What am I missing?

Thank you.

Scott Moore