Old December 12th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

Default Question about flight following / weather updates from Flight Watch

use your #2 radio for flight watch, and maintain a listening watch on both
radios
either that or ask ATC permission to leave the freq for a few minutes to
contact weather

BT

wrote in message
ups.com...
When I fly cross-country VFR, I like to get flight following. It's very
nice to get the warnings about possible conflicting traffic.

When I do this and I'm talking to controllers, I obviously need to stay
on the frequency to acknowledge anything they say.

If I want to talk to Flight Watch to get an update on the developing
weather situation or give a PIREP, how do I do that? Do I need to
terminate the radar service with Approach, talk to Flight Watch, then
contact Approach again for further radar service, or is there an easier
way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Tom