Old July 1st 04, 05:48 PM
HECTOP

Default Need VHF radios for Africa

Folks,

I am posting this on behalf of my friend, a chief pilot of an airline
working for JMC ( http://www.jmc.nu ) peacekeeping force in Sudan.
They operate a gamut of russian aircraft and require US-made VHF radios,
antennas and intercoms for them. Since Sudan is on the US Dept. of State
list of bad states, it's almost impossible for them to obtain avionics
from the US, even for international peacekeeping organizations.

My friend Alex Tumachenko ( afrline @ yahoo.com ) needs to find a way for
JMC to legally purchase avionics from here, if necessary will get JMC to
obtain permits or whatnot from the Dept. of State. If someone or their
company can be of help, and possibly become a regular supplier, please
contact him directly.

Please don't start a flame war here or dismiss this as some "nigerian
419" scheme. If you can't be of assistance, plz keep on walkin'. This
is _very_ serious business and people are trying to save lives overthere.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/africa...ell/index.html

--
HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA