Old December 26th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mark Hansen

Default IFR Cancellation Question

On 12/26/06 13:53, Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"Mark Hansen" wrote in message

But earlier in this thread, you said:

Yes, if he's not talking to the tower when he enters Class D airspace
he's
busted FAR 91.129(c)(1).

Now, you say that applies only if the pilot intends to land at the Class D
airport? Where is that distinction mentioned in the regs?

So you dodged my question. I'll assume that means that you realized you
were wrong ;-)

In FAR 91.129(c)(1).

� 91.129 Operations in Class D airspace.
(c) Communications. Each person operating an aircraft in Class D airspace
must meet the following two-way radio communications requirements:

(1) Arrival or through flight. Each person must establish two-way radio
communications with the ATC facility (including foreign ATC in the case of
foreign airspace designated in the United States) providing air traffic
services prior to entering that airspace and thereafter maintain those
communications while within that airspace.

And why do you think the approach controller handing the area does not
meet this regulation?

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA