Old January 5th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Alexey Goldin

Default Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

Nomen Nescio wrote:
different.
In MSFS, maintain normal climb pitch, and speed, and you will
always climb. Maintain normal descent pitch and you will always
descend. Independent of MSFS "turbulence". Any 10 hr REAL pilot
already knows that this is not true in a real plane.

If this statement about MSFS behavior is true, it is impossible to
simulate soaring flight in MSFS. I have no experience with MSFS --- is
this the case? Never mind simulated flying under cumulonimbus or in
virga --- exactly the case where you do not want to do it for real...

I saw simulated soaring flight in X-plane, so at least some programs
probably do it more properly...