Old January 10th 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mitty

Default Extra Hold Depicted on Plate?

On 1/10/2007 5:13 AM, Sam Spade wrote the following:

Here is the source document for the procedu

http://tinyurl.com/y39o4b

Slick. Where does one find those pages?

& the more I look at it, the screwier it seems to be. First, there is no ADF
requirement on the plate, so I guess ATC would have to ask before assigning the
alternate miss. Then, there is little hope of being able to actually navigate
to the NDB without getting vectors (or having a GPS) due to the 30 mile distance
and the fact that you are starting from 200 feet AGL.

And ... there is a perfectly good NDB at CBG which is 5 miles closer and _not_
on an airway as is the PNM NDB. So now I wonder why we aren't going there? ...

All that being said, it is mostly irrelevant to real operations anyway because
MSP Approach assigns an initial heading and altitude for the miss before you get
handed off and then provides vectors when you check back in.