Old January 20th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
wright1902glider

Default Newbie question about the spar and building

Rand... uh, Andrew:

Once you know what you're going to build and have a materials list, you
might get a better deal from Wick's. That is, if you will-call the
order and drive up to Highland for it yourself. Just a thought.

I've never had a problem knowing what I want to build. I've got 6
projects on the short list right now. My big problem is finding the
space, time, and money to both build and store all of my creations.
Following the epic drama of my last project, my roommate issued the
edict that no more planes were to be built in her garage or living
room. I'm hoping to sway that decision in my favor by building her a
deck this spring, and a teardrop trailer this summer. Still,
concentrating on a plane that can be built up from many small
sub-assemblies is not a bad idea. My wings are made of 4 5'x17'
sections and they're a real pain to transport and store.

I don't yet know how to weld either, but I did get the HF torch for
Christmas, and I'll probably get a set of tanks off ebay in another
month or two. Right now, there's too much damn snow to think about
anything else. Still 3 ft. deep in the front yard and more coming
today.

Harry Frey