Old February 1st 07, 08:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

Default Spooky flights

"Roger" wrote in message
On 31 Jan 2007 06:51:53 -0800, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

In the days when the U.S. was still a free country, I liked to go to
the airport just to watch aircraft take off and land. I even liked it
when I was very young: I would insist that my parents take me to the
noisy, open observation deck so that I could see planes take off and
land. And I liked the smell of kerosene because it reminded me of
airplanes.

I don't know what part of the country you lived in, but we still do
all of that today, right here in the USA. Any time we'd like!

Yup. We're in the process of building a picnic area..er...Have to
call it a "viewing area" or parks and recreation gets involved. We're
going to move the fence and create a large viewing area with picnic
tables.. or tables that look something like picnic tables, along with
stuff for the kids to climb on, as soon as the ground thaws and dries
out enough so we don't lose any trucks.
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Make sure they stick an industrial-grade speaker out there and relay the
CTAF.

A really big hit in places where I've seen/heard it done.

Jay B