Old February 8th 07, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Martin

Default Atlanta Burger

Dave wrote:

It's my Father in Law's 80th birthday, and we are wanting to treat
him to an aviation themed culinary experience. Our choices in Atlanta
are Downwind at PDK or Flight Deck at Charlie Brown. We want to eat and
watch planes with 3 great grandkids...any input on either of these?

This is the same old fart that paid for our B-17 ride last year, as
hosted by Jay at www.alexisparkinn. (thanksJ)

It's on the south side, and traffic can be a little slow, and the runway's a little rough,
but the Barnstormer's Grill at Peach State (GA2) is very nice. We've flown over there
several times for breakfast (mmm... steak and eggs), and on the weekend there's often a
gaggle of old biplanes on the ramp. And the restaurant sits right next to the runway, so
if anyone comes in or leaves... you feel it.