Old November 21st 06, 09:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron

Default Air Force investigating intermittent engine failure on aircraft.

"Blue Oval/Dan Edwards" wrote in message
. ..
Ron,
I know that you know your stuff. If you remember, you and I went round
and round about the F-4 Phantoms on pedestals I posted over a year ago
from
WPAFB. I said they were E's, you said they were D's. You were right, I was
wrong. I even went back to prove you were wrong and saw the plaques on the
pedestals which clearly said they were D's. I photographed them and posted
them with an apology to you.
They have since removed the two Phantoms and replaced them with an F-15
and F-16. Kind of made me sad since the Phantom is my all time "phavorite
phighter". Fell in love with the Phantoms while stationed at Kunsan AB,
Korea from June 1974 to June 1975.

How dare they! Those guys have no sense of history. Nothing bad about the
F-15 and -16, but removing Phantoms from their honorary place...
I just hope they do not end on a scrapheap.

Ron