Old November 22nd 06, 01:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire

Default Air Force investigating intermittent engine failure on aircraft.

Bob Moore wrote:

David Hartung wrote
With a ltJG as aircraft commander?

Could be....but when I served as a P-3 Patrol Plane Commander,
unlike airline practice, we rotated seats with all of the pilots
on the crew. Alan, Rick, and Mal got as much time in the left
seat as I did. Al Anderson, the assigned SIC was also rated as
a PPC and I felt quite comfortable seated in the cabin while he
and Rick or Mal flew routine flights.

Bob Moore
VP-46 1965-1967
PanAm (retired)

And in many cases, the enlisted crew (and guests) got some right seat time...

JT