Old February 13th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bob Gardner

Default ASA On Top 9?

Ron has had spectacularly bad luck with ASA products. Apparently no one else
has.

Bob Gardner

"Hamish Reid" wrote in message
In article ,
Ron Natalie wrote:

Peter Clark wrote:
]

According to ASA's site they now have the RealityXP GNS430 and a 182
with G1000 option in v9. Course, since Windows Vista breaks the
RealityXP gauges (at least it does with FS9 - Microsoft has completely
munged IPC for 16bit applications) this is another package which will
break if one upgrades Windows. It'll be interesting to see if they
manage to make their stuff work with Vista. Looks like a lot of
rewriting is coming.

Don't hold your breath. They never got Version 7 to work reliably
on the direct X (or anything else on a NT or later OS). Customer
support is non-existant. My full price purchase of OnTop and IPTrainer
was the biggest collosal waste of money I have ever spent in aviation.
(Don't even get me started on the crap PREPWARE they sold me at the
same time, at least that was only $75 not the close to $500 I blew
on the rest of their crap). ASA has never responded (other than
with lies) to my complaints. I wouldn't go near them. Perhaps the
later versions are better, but they never offered them to me (nor
a refund) to the fact that the stuff they sold me never had a prayer
of working (and they knew that at the time, but the stooges they
had manning the booth at Oshkosh were all too happy, to lie and
say it would work).

On Top7 always worked flawlessly for me, and it was a great help for me
while getting my instrument rating, but then what would I know...

Hamish