Old February 26th 07, 05:56 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Default 747-400 questions

On Feb 26, 10:53 am, "Tony Cox" wrote:

Did I pass the FAA Medical, NO not even close. So I gave up with the
thought of getting my PPL. I dont care how cheap it is, knowing I wont be
able to pass the FAA Medical will still prevent me from wasting my money on
something I wont be able to complete no matter what I score or learn on any
of the other tests. Its called beating a Dead Horse. So what do I do? I
fly on Flight Simulator instead, or I sit in another seat and watch the PIC
take the controls.

I have a "lazy eye". You simply need a "statement of
demonstrated ability" (SODA), which is granted after
a special FAA flight test. It is no big deal -- I did mine
about 2 months before my private checkride.

I missed out on 20 years of flying because I believed
some idiot who told me I'd "never be able to become
a pilot with just one eye".

Now that is a damn shame. I was issued a SODA for deficient color
vision, which removed the night flying restriction from my license. I
found out about my red/green deficiency when I physicaled for the Army
in '89 - I wanted to fly a Cobra gunship but was disqualified. It
didn't keep me from getting all my ratings thru CFI (ATP will come
this summer methinks)

Wood, if you really have a bug up yer butt to fly (as I did/do) then
give this its due dilligence and consult an AME as to your options,
and see if whatever condition you have is waivable with a SODA.

Buena suerte, amigo