Old March 5th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Default Cirrus sued by Lidle's & Stanger's families

On 3/5/2007 3:05:54 PM, Ron Natalie wrote:

I think you're talking about the Overmyer crash. That was a VK-30 not
the SR20/22. The elevator jammed.

No, it was an SR20. You made me get off my lazy bum to look it up in the NTSB
database.

Here is the accident of which I was thinking. Back in 1999 a Cirrus test
pilot was killed when the aileron jammed:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...05X00274&key=1

Small quote from the report:

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of
this accident as follows:

the lack of sufficient aileron-to-wing gap clearance design.

--
Peter