Old March 11th 07, 11:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default You know you own an airplane when...

Personally, if I were an A&P, I wouldn't sign off on any hand-made parts
if I knew I could get one from Cessna, et. al. Just too much risk.

Thank goodness there are still A&Ps who don't think this way, or GA
would be dead already.

It's a friggin' battery box, Doug! My A&P/IA would take a 1-square-
inch piece of your old battery box, use it as a starting point, and
whip out a "repaired" version from parts laying around his shop in
about an hour.

Cost: *maybe* $100, probably less.

An A&P who charges you $700 for a battery box, after telling you he
can't "repair" it anymore, is no friend of GA.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA