Old March 29th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Drew Dalgleish

Default ELT replacement: Options?

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:17:36 -0400, "Peter R."
wrote:

On 3/29/2007 10:08:32 AM, "James M. Knox" wrote:

Anyone with such a unit, can you verify that you can't legally just
plunk in *any* D-Cells, but rather that it has to be specific brands
(i.e. Duracell), or has to have the date listed on/with the battery?

I don't have the unit yet but when I talked to ACK, the manufacturer of the
E-01 ELT that is powered by D batteries, the representative kept specifically
using the phrase, "Duracell D batteries" every time he mentioned the issue of
the unit taking batteries. I thought it a bit odd that he continually
referenced the battery by brand name, but not enough to ask him why.

--
Peter

My ameri-king uses only duracells and they have to be replaced every
year.