Old August 11th 03, 05:21 AM
robert arndt

(ArtKramr) wrote in message ...
Subject: Question for Urban...
From:
(robert arndt)
Date: 8/10/03 3:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time
I requested a 3-way drawing from SAAB on the A.36 nuclear bomber and
you know what they sent me? Something that looks alot like a Draken.
The copy is dated 12 Juni 1956 and is labeled PROJEKT 135-C Fpl.36
Reg.No. FAA-99.080.
Urban, I am assuming that they sent me a 3-way copy of the original
#1376 and not the requested #1377 with dorsal air intake and refined
delta. Am I correct?
Also, was the #1377 proposal supposed to be the final design for the
A.36?

Rob

p.s. SAAB is a big disappointment. They did not bother to even furnish
any history or other details with the 3-way. I asked them about the
proposed nuclear bomb and the dimensions of the proposed bomb bay on
the A.36 but they refused to comment. They wouldn't even confirm
Bofors as the proposed manufacturer of the weapon.

Gee. I wonder why? (sheesh)

Arthur Kramer
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Art, I specifically asked them for the #1377 3-way and need the
dimesions of the bomb bay and weapon for the scale model I am paying
for. Their scale of the proposed #1376 and its configuration do not
help me at all.
As for the nuke info... it isn't anything special since it is known
information. SAAB had to have some idea of the free fall bomb's
dimensions for the appropriate bomb bay and YES, it is known that
Bofors would have assembled the weapon had the decision been made to
construct the Surte.
My display model will have the aircraft dropping the bomb therefore I
need the right aircraft, proper dimensions, color scheme, unit number,
tail number, basic bomb design, and approx. bomb bay dimensions.
The historical administrator at SAAB promised to help out. All they
furnished me was a worthless 3-way of the wrong model A.36 and no
information at all. I might as well just tell the model maker to copy
a Draken and use a British free-fall nuke as a guideline for the
Surte.
I'm paying $400 for this model, so it DOES **** me off. SAAB sucks...
I've waited months for this garbage.

Rob