Old April 10th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Adams[_2_]

Default "Street pattern" notation on charts?

Mxsmanic wrote:

That would be the Gila River camp, which is he

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...02,-111.830392
&spn=0.004455,0.006952&t=k&om=1

It looks abandoned.

The place you're looking at seems to be just another one of those
abandoned or underdeveloped subdivisions that one sees in areas like
Phoenix.

Yes, that's the spot I was looking for. Interesting curving pattern of irrigated farm fields to the northwest
makes it easy to spot. However, I don't see that one on the sectional or TAC with the "street pattern"
identification. I guess it's just viewed to be not that clearly visible as a landmark. The historical aspect is
interesting, however.

Mike