Old April 17th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Crash Lander[_1_]

Default 3rd class medical urinalysis?

I once had to have a medical exam as part of a job application. I made the
mistake of eating McDonalds for lunch about 20 minutes before the exam. I
had 2 burgers, large fries, and a large coke. My urine sugar levels were
through the roof.
Crash Lander

--
I'm not always right,
But I'm never wrong!
"Newps" wrote in message
. ..

Robert M. Gary wrote:

That's why I never eat or drink anything other than water before the
test. After a meal your blood suger will read higher. It would really
be crappy to fail that little test and spend 6 months trying to prove
to the FAA that you are not diabetic.

I've had this discussion with my AME. Eat a cup of pure cane sugar a few
hours before the test and it wouldn't matter.