Old April 17th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Roger (K8RI)

Default Options After Items Flagged as Unairworthy (was TBO and Airworthiness)

On 16 Apr 2007 07:59:09 -0700, "Denny" wrote:

In retrospect, I also wonder what the
insurance company would have had to say if anything had gone wrong?

Tom

We are getting deep into 'what if's', but think it through... The Ins.
Co. says the plane must be kept legally airworthy to be covered for
inflight risk... Who defines what is/not airworthy - the FAA... The
form you have from the FAA says it IS legally airworthy for the
duration of that listed flight...

Yup! The form has to be signed off, after inspecting it, by an IA or
A&E stating the aircraft is airworthy for that flight. I've done a
number of ferry flights like that. Just ask your insurrance carrier
if in doubt. I've not had one say no, yet.

denny