Old April 26th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default BGA Instructor Requirements

On Apr 25, 7:10 am, 126Driver wrote:
Would a USA instructor easily qualify as a BGA
instructor. Or would they need additional training.

My experience of this is over 20 years ago. I returned to UK after
earning my US CFI, Gold, and 2 diamonds and with 150 hours in my log
book was quickly granted a UK assistant instructor rating. I probably
was not given a full briefing on the restrictions as the CFI ( the C
is Chief for the US folks)had a little word with me after I soloed a
student without talking to him first.

I did some training at Lasham for full cat and would have received it
except that I got tired watching the rain while I waited in the hope
of flying and returned to US.

Andy