Old August 30th 03, 04:41 AM
patrick savoie

In the CF-18 world maintenance personnel are directly part of Squadron. It
is not the same in other fleets. I know the Herc maintenance is centralized.
For sure squadron with their own maint pers usually have better moral, also
it helps a lot to have the maint pers close to the Ops pers. For us it helps
to know the history of our a/c .. hard to do that with central maint.

As for being assigned to a specific a/c. That only works for the servicing
crew in the USAF and isn't always set in stone. Maint pers do work on other
a/c, they just have a direct responsibility for the a/c they are assigned
too. With the manpower shortage in the CAF I don't believe assigning someone
to a specific a/c would work for us.

Pat

"Ed Majden" a écrit dans le message de
. ca...

"av8r"
Hi Ed

No. 413 'Tusker' AW (F) Squadron flew the CF-100 MK. 5 at R.C.A.F.
Station Bagotville from the 1st of May 1957 to the end of December 1961.

No. 432 'Black Cougar' AW (F) Squadron flew the CF-100 Mk. 5 at R.C.A.F.
Station Bagotville from June 1956 to the 15th of October 1961.

Cheers...Chris

Chris:
Thanks. Now I remember. We didn't belong to the squardrons, as we

went
to Central Servicing. Central Maintenance, and Labs. We worked on any
Squadron aircraft. When I first went overseas we belonged to a squadron.

was with 423 at 2(F)Wing but when we got the CF-104's we went to this
central manpower pool system and you were assigned as base personnel. I
think they are again back to the squadron system as it is better for

moral.
I think the USAF has a neat system! Your assigned to an airplane with its
aircrew. Better communication this way between the aircrew and ground

crew.
I think the Snowbirds operate this way. The crew chief gets his name on

the
aircraft along with the pilot an nav if there is one.
Ed
Ed