Old May 7th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default How to polish an aluminum prop

Will any amount of sanding or polishing remove these streaks? Is it
realistic to think more elbow grease might provide a 'perfect' finish
on the prop?

Maybe, but you have to question its worth. We have a polished prop on
Atlas, and gave up on improving it beyone the stage you are at.

What should I do to preserve the polished finish? Wax it - car wax?
The prop will be staying indoors out of the rain/elements, so I
probably do not need to put a $100/bottle coat of NASA approved wax.

We just hit it with Mother's Aluminum polish once or twice a month.
Since yours won't be spinning on the front of an O-540, I suspect you
won't have to do it quite so often...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck