Old May 14th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Default Oshkosh Housing ... Hell Of a Deal

After 33 years in the hot sweaty UW-O dorms, Gail and I decided to venture
far afield to see what was available in the area.

One of our brethren in this ng emailed me about a very nice Bed'n'Breakfast
he found in Waupaca. I checked it out and it seemed like a hell of a deal.
$100 a night for two, $110 a night for four. Two separate bedrooms, one
kitchen, one living room, one bathroom. Separate quiet cottage environment.

One of the other brethren (Jim Burns, God bless you) offered the use of his
second vehicle for transportation between Waupaca and Wittman Field
(Oshkosh). The Waupaca airport has abundant tiedowns and overflow if you
bring your own tiedowns. No sweating the gaggle arrival to Oshkosh.

That means that we have an extra bedroom (twin beds) with breakfast and a
really pretty setting (www.greenfountaininn.com) in Waupaca.

Air conditioned. Country breakfast. Transportation to and from OSH. $40 a
night for two people Sunday - Wednesday. $160 for four nights. Cash in
advance. No refunds.

Schedule ... we depart Iowa City after Jay and Mary's Saturday night bash
and get to Waupaca on Sunday about noon. I have to go get my Kitplanes
credentials and the auto parking pass on Sunday afternoon.

Monday we get to the field somewhere around 8 or 9 (negotiable). Gail and I
have a morning forum. I've got a club dinner on Monday night but can stop
back by the field around 9 pm or so to get you back to Waupaca.

Tuesday we have nothing really going on, so schedule is negotiable. We
might be going up to the cheese factory north of Oshkosh, and you are most
welcome to come along. Otherwise, we can drop you off at OSH and pick you
up on the way home.

Wednesday we get to the field somewhere around 8 or 9 (negotiable). Gail
and I have a mid-day forum and will be going back to Waupaca in the late
afternoon.

Thursday we depart Waupaca early morning in the blueonblue Cessna and will
make any arrangements you want thereafter.

First come, first served ...

Jim

Wednesday