Old May 14th 07, 11:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
展奄rdo

Default Picture size

Lynn Coffelt wrote:
"Terry M" wrote in message
m...
I prefer 800x600 or larger. Most of us have monitors set at that size or
larger. Using any smaller gives just that - a very small picture. The
640x480 size was for very old monitors - hardly anyone has their monitor

set
at that resolution since monitors have physically grown in size.

"P & H Macguire" wrote in message
I am in the process of scanning some old slides of 60s to 90s and

wondered
what the optimum size should be for posting on this N/G. They will be
scanned at about 300dpi.

Regards

PJM

If one is going to benefit from old slide and negative resolution, scan
at the highest resolution your system can handle. Some amazing detail is
available in some of them. Store or archive them in that highest resolution.
Store on CD or DVD disks. Then when one wants to post to newsgroups or
internet sites, you can downsize copies for posting if that's what your
intended viewers want. BUT, keeping the high resolution scans makes it
possible to clip out portions of the original picture, magnify the clips and
find great history in the details!
For the record, I usually do not follow my own good sense advise.
Old Chief Lynn

...and you are not alone in that!

--
Moving things in still pictures!