Old May 17th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default Avgas availability

"John Galban" wrote in message
s.com...
On May 16, 6:18 am, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:
NO, it's so much easier to
pontificate "Public Service" BS like "share a ride", "ride your
bike"...
It's nice to have the advertising budget, too.

Well, actually doing those things makes a significant difference
too.

How much? During the late 70's, it's been estimated that conservation saved
about 3-5% and the economic slowdown did the rest.

Those of us who keep track of oil production and consumption
figures know that people will cut consumption drastically if the price
hurts enough.

Really? What an insight! You have inside information on the law of supply
and demand? :~)

This was demonstrated quite handily after the Katrina
related spike two years ago. People started riding busses, sharing
rides and using more fuel efficient transportation. Consumption
numbers dropped around 10% and the street price of a gallon of gas
dipped below $2 shortly thereafter.

And the ecomomic slowdown did...what, to the numbers? BTW, I'm certainly not
saying conservation isn't a good idea. But, like alternative sources of
power, they're insignificant. And yes, gunning a 3/4 ton pickup truck away
from a green light is STOOPID.

Of course, with the price below $2/gal, people went right back to
their old ways and consumption (and prices) went right back up.

Prices went down when the production facilities came back online; they went
back up only after the world market price went up and a couple of our
way-too-few facilities had to be brought down for service.

Geez... UpChuck Schumer and his crackheaded cohorts must love people that
came come up with such fluff.

It's
quite evident that we can cut back sigificantly when we have to. We
just don't want to.

BTW - If gas prices get you down, invest in the oil sector. It'll
make you feel better.

I'd rather get FAT ASSED GOVERNMENT TYPES TO QUIT SITTING ON THEIR BRAINS.
I'd also want them to quit f*ck*ng with traffic light to garner revenue and
also to quit KILLING PEOPLE in doing so.

Maybe some people would rather just kiss the government peepee.

--
Matt Barrow
Performace Homes, LLC.