Old May 22nd 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default high winds in Palm Spring

Jim

A '79 Tiger ehhhhh, nice

I was wondering about the heat in Plam Springs and if there are any
problems getting out of there when it is relatively hot during the
day. I know that at Tahoe we keep a very close eye on the temp with
the airport being at 6K+. I would like to come back home in the
afternoon and the temps are forecast to be in the mid '90s. Do you
have any experience trying to leave daytime? I just will not try to
fly VFR at night through the mountains at this point in my career. I
also have the concern that the Archer has a 180hp engine. It gets me
out of Tahoe OK, but real slow.

Thanks

David