Old June 7th 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

Default flying into SFO at night?

"bm" == buttman writes:

bm I'm thinking of doing a night flight to SFO in a C152. Is this
bm going to be difficult? Will they let me in? Is that place very
bm busy at night? I plan on arriving at about midnight. Would a
bm touch and go be possible, or will they make me do a full stop?
bm If so, where can I expect to taxi and get fuel? If I have to
bm taxi all around the huge and complex airport, I'll just land
bm somewhere else and get fuel, rather than risk getting lost and
bm then ran over by a 747.

bm What about any other bay area airports that are GA friendly
bm during the night?

I've never landed at SFO but have at all the other GA airports, though
not at night for a long time. I pretty sure you can land at SFO
easily at night because there are no scheduled airlines between about
1 am and...about 5 or 6 am I'll guess. Others have posted in the past
about doing a touch-and-go or similar just to say they did it.

But it sounds like you want to arrive at night, get fuel, and depart?
If so, pick another airport. Any other Bay Area airport will do, I'm
sure they have self-serve fuel at many.
--
To me, it's always a good idea to always carry two sacks of
something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey,