Old June 11th 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Marfa Cross Country for CA$H

On Jun 8, 11:08 pm, wrote:
On Jun 8, 8:29 am, Burt Compton - Marfa wrote:

A dollar a mile in 2007.

Great idea Burt. So good in fact, Tony and I are copying it for our
local soaring club in Iowa. It's only open to club members so those
southern MN soaring legends (2 Hilton cup winners) wont bankrupt us,
and we are handicapping the miles. If we don't no one will even try
to fly the 1-26 anywhere because they know the 2 glass ships will kick
their butts.

We haven't come up with a name yet but I was considering The Paris
Hilton Cup. What do you think? I guess we'd probably get sued. How
about the Motel 6 Cup?

I'm also not sure what to do if either Tony or I win since we are co-
sponsoring this. If he wins do I have to pay him half? I suppose if
I win I'd want him to pay.

yes, we will call it the Paris Hilton Cup!!!