Old June 11th 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Default $1500 Cash Reward---- Thieves Caught and Jailed

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:10:05 -0400, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in
:

Well, too bad. Don't want to enjoy a romantic interlude with Bubba tonight?
Don't hold up the 7-11 today.

I'd say you may benefit from having your moral compass reswung.
Clearly there is something causing it to deviate from the ethical and
just.

There's nothing wrong with my ethical compass. I don't take what belongs to
others and have no sympathy for those that do. As I said, we all get to make
choices. Nobody forces them to prey on society.

The intent of punishment for criminal behavior should be
rehabilitation, not vengeance. I believe restitution should play a
large role in sentencing. That way a criminal sees that s/he does not
benefit from their criminal acts, but compensates victims instead.

A fine idea. Who shall the criminal rob to come up with the compensation?

http://www.cdc.state.ca.us/Victims/d...ion_Survey.pdf
Increase the rate of restitution garnishment from inmates.The CDCR
collects restitution by garnishing inmate wages and trust
account deposits.

You listed a bunch of stuff I deleted simply for brevity. While they list many
different ways restitution can be made, I would suggest that an inmate's ability
to generate income is extremely limited. Don't they pay them pennies an hour
for the work they do while they're in the slammer? Even if they took every
penny, it would take them many lifetimes to earn enough to satisfy any
significant restitution order.

Of course, on the outside, they can steal enough to satisfy it in short order if
they get busy visiting our fellow citizens. That's not acceptable in my book.
Maybe you're the one who needs his compass swung.

I am curious where all this sympathy for prisoners comes from. Somebody close
to you been incarcerated? How about you?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com