Old June 18th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

Default flying around niagara falls

In a previous article, George Graham said:
The last time I flew around the Falls, I had to fly a racetrack hold
pattern at 3500 ft. Which was a hornets nest of helicopters at the
same altitude.
We could not see anything -too high, and were terrified by the
conjestion. If I were you, I'd get a cab or rental and drive out to
see the falls, which are really awesome up close.

I've flown the falls many times since it's barely 50nm from here. The
helicopters stay below 3500 feet - that's the entire point of the altitude
restriction for the non-pros. And the most I've ever seen at my altitude
were two other bug smashers, and once a jet did a much bigger race track
a few thousand feet above my head.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
I told $VERY_BIG_CLIENT that sure, we can do $THING_THAT_VIOLATES_CAUSALITY