Old September 13th 03, 06:01 AM
Jim Knoyle

"B2431" wrote in message
No you havn't Jimmy. The 727 uses static ports on the fuse and not even

single pitot tube. To be a pitot tube, the static port would be part of

the
pitot tube. What you changed was a pitot port, not a pitot tube.

Tarver, there are pitot tubes without static ports on them as on the C-130

and
those with static ports on them, properly called pitot-static tubes, as on

the
F-4E and T-39. There is not now, nor has there ever been, a "pitot port"

on any
aircraft's pitot-static system. Not having a static port on a pitot tube
doesn't make it NOT a pitot tube. Take a look in aircraft parts catalogs

and
see what I mean.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Dan,
Old Splaps has me grinning all the way to the bank. I love the way
he spells out his idiocy in his own words and the way his stance can
change with time just boils down to basic dishonesty. I know you've
noticed.
I particularly like the way he will spell out how the static whatchumacalit
and the pitot whatchumacalit on a 727 are seperate entities, in fact
seperated by many feet, and then I ask what the heck he meant by a
"screened over pitot static port" when he made his statement:
"Well no actually, there is no pitot tube on a 727, only a screened over
pitot static port."
"But thanks for being an idiot once again."
"No pitot tube silly bunny."
"It would be profoundly stupid to put a home for mud wasps on an airplane
flying as much as a 727."
Next question: What to mud wasps have to do with it?

If I were a mud wasp, I wouldn't care what they call the pointy things. :-)
Just warn me before you switch on *Pitot Heat*.
JK (wondering what his fellow engineers think of his dishonesty)