Old June 27th 07, 12:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
william

Default Hidden costs of ethenol

One point to consider when you complain about the price of corn is, $2.00
corn cannot be produced without taxpayer funded price supports, This morning
we could contract corn for December 07' delivery at $3.38 and you can cut
about 30 cents off that for various quality discounts. A farmer is not
getting rich on $3 corn with the much higher input cost we have had in the
past few years. Actually he still needs good weather and careful managment
to make anything. Bottom line, corn is still going to cost the consumer
either at the store or in taxes.
Second point, it was never planned to replace gasoline, just one of many
alternate energy sources and none of them are cheap. The days of cheap
energy are gone and anything that uses energy is going to cost more in the
future including food. I'm afraid food prices are just starting to go up and
will continue so.

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
k.net...
I am remimded of a quote that said, "when otherwise intelligent people
do stupid stuff, there is usually politics involved".

So not only do we pay more for less power in out auto fuel...

http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/20...nd-for-ethanol