Old July 3rd 07, 11:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jake

Default Anyone know what these guys are testing???? - any information please.jpg (1/1)

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:32:33 GMT, Waldo wrote:

Yes, the Germans never figured out the cavity magnetron so for airborne
radar they had to muck around with arrays.

While they never did figure out the magnetron, they did capture one
that lead hem to develop a copy of it when they shot down a Stiling
with H2S. Toward the end of the war they did field upwards of ten AI
Radars on Junkers aircraft called the Berlin RADAR that operated in
the centimeter wavelength.

I am not so sure that the picture that I posted is a test radar. These
kind of things really but me when I don't learn the answer for
certain.

Waldo,.

Those look like hoses to me, if they were waveguide they would be much
higher frequency than any one was using at the time or for a long time
after WW2.

JakeInHartsel