Old July 15th 07, 06:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ernest Fowler

Default planez2958L.jpg (1/1)

Well, Troy, I'd do this privately since it IS a week late but I'm not so
sure your email is 'true'. So, here goes nutin'...

What the old-timers were trying to tell you is that we have got a protocol
for doing things on this particular UG. That is because this UG has
actually got old-timers in the UG that are authorities on the very subject
this group is about...aviation. Many have been photographers for years and
might have provided some of the images you probably uploaded over the past
few days. Others are artists of one kind or another whose specialty is
aviation art. Some have been air frame mechanics, some designers, others
were crew on aircraft seen here, some, well, you get the picture? These
folk KNOW about aviation in its many forms. They have every right to be
critical. They have forgotten more about those images you have to upload
than you can find in any other source. Just be polite and listen. Ask
questions if you can. But don't get snotty (see your post below, Troy). It
won't get you anywhere with them.

Now then, Troy, about the format you used. Nothing is wrong with it (in a
manner of speaking). Just let us know you are not sending us your pictures
as JPG, JPEG, BMP (if you must) or other plain jane format. In your subject
line include yEnc for information purposes. Then folk like myself know we
need to add a step or two BEFORE we can see the images. As someone else
already pointed out, throughout the UG-sphere the standard is to provide the
format if it is NOT standard binary. You probably don't know this but some
of the countries that members of this UG come from actually charge internet
users for every second they access the 'net. When they download one of your
images thinking it is part of a series, they end up wasting money as well as
time. They will get upset if you waste their time (kinda noticed that,
didn't you?). Oh, and not all of us have hi-speed internet access either.

Last of all, Troy, please, Please, PLEASE provide us with whatever you have
about the source of your images. If they are copyrighted, we MUST know. It
is the right thing to do, providing the credit where it is due. Remember,
you MIGHT be uploading an image provided by a member of this UG. And that
individual WILL want that credit provided. You haven't been here long
enough, obviously, to have seen some of the long threads on how someone has
stolen someone else's work. Trust me, Troy, you do NOT want them to start
in on you. Blood, guts, fur, smoke everywhere from the flames...it isn't
pretty, Troy, it isn't pretty.

Now, pardon me but I have some more downloading of your images to do. Take
care and thanks for the uploads.

Oh, by the way, some of these same folk are found on other UG where they
share other interests. Anger them here and you might find yourself
embarrassed elsewhere.

Ernie in Kansas City, Kansas, USA

"Troy24" wrote in message
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 20:40:32 +0000, (troy24) wrote:

Instead of Bitching about the posting why don't you offer help.
What a bunch of A__holes