Old July 25th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

Default Electric Sonex

Peter Dohm wrote:
We are along way from even getting close to a replacement for
gasoline in aircraft or for that matter cars where weight isn't near
as critical. BUT, if we would stop using petroleum products in
everything other than the transportation sector we would reduce
their use by 25%. And doing that would be huge.

IMHO, the 25% figure is very low--by more than an order of magnetude.

Thank God I didn't pull that fugure out of my ass.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/neic/infoshee...mproducts.html

Now since I spent a total of 2 minutes reading that page I may have mis-read
it.