Old August 8th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight,rec.aviation.soaring
Gig 601XL Builder

Default Electrically Powered Ultralight Aircraft

Larry Dighera wrote:

Electrically powered flight is in its infancy just as powered flight
was in 1903.

That matters not. It still has to be compared to what it is supposed to
replace. Would you want an electric car that was the technological equal to
this? http://www.ausbcomp.com/~bbott/cars/cugnot.jpg.

The otherside of that is that we can expect to wait until 2110 for electric
flight to catch up to where we are now with gasoline powered flight.